Scholarships & Financial Aid
Figuring out how to pay for college can be very overwhelming, but we hope to make this process a little bit easier by providing information about local, state, and national scholarship opportunities.
Throughout the year, this page will be updated as we receive new information. Please check back often as new scholarships will be added regularly. The scholarships listed on this website are just a small sample of the thousands of available scholarships. It is recommended that, in addition to viewing the scholarships below, you use a scholarship search engine to find other scholarships that are a good match for you.
If you have any questions about the scholarships, please contact Mrs. Ashley Carrow: email@example.com or call (302) 653-3133.
Financial Aid & Scholarship Resources:
Delaware Higher Education Office - Scholarship Programs The DHEO administers several scholarships for students in the state of Delaware. Click on the link to view the available scholarships & application requirements.
QuestBridge is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization that connects academically outstanding students from low-income backgrounds with opportunities at top colleges. The QuestBridge path to college begins with the College Prep Scholars Program, which helps high school juniors become strong applicants to top colleges. In their senior year, students can apply to the National College Match - an admissions process that connects students with admission and full four-year scholarships or generous financial aid at QuestBridge's college partners. Visit the QuestBridge website for more information about these opportunities.
UNCF is the nation's largest private scholarship provider to minority students. They also manage a variety of other scholarship programs. Visit the website for information about the UNCF scholarships as well as the other scholarships they manage.
Scholarships are added in the order in which they are received.
Local Scholarship Information
The Local Scholarships are available in the School Counseling Office around December each year. The applications are located to the right.
There are 2 types of local scholarships:
1. General Scholarships-there are several scholarships students can apply for simply by filling out ONE General Scholarship Application and returning it to Mrs. Carrow in the School Counseling Office. The General Scholarship Application and list of scholarships is added each winter.
2. Scholarships which require separate applications. Below is a list of local scholarships which will be available by January in the Google Classroom as they become available to SHS:
- Smyrna FFA Alumni Scholarship (SHS)
- Clayton Century Club Scholarship
- General Scholarship (SHS)
- Harmony Lodge Scholarship
- H. Thomas Tucker Scholarship
- Kenton Ruritan Club Scholarship
- Kenton Ruritan Club Scholarship George Ellis Brown
- Kenton Ruritan Club Scholarship George Dunning
- Leadership Award
- Smyrna-Clayton 4th of July Scholarship - Posted
- Smyrna Educators Association Scholarship
- Smyrna School District Administrators (SSDAdmin) Scholarship
- Holly's Club of Smyrna Scholarship
- American Legion Auxiliary Unit 14 Scholarship
- VFW Post 8801 Scholarship
- Alpha Delta Kappa IOTA Chapter Scholarship
- Barbara Reed Medical Oncology Scholarship
- Clayton Intermediate School Scholarship
- Smyrna-Clayton Rotary Club Scholarship
- Smyrna High School Athletic Boosters Scholarship
- Smyrna School Nutrition Association Scholarship
- St. Peter's Church/Pamela Buckley Memorial Scholarship
- Clayton Lions Club Scholarship
- Smyrna-Clayton Little Lass Scholarship
- Smyrna School District Nurses Scholarship
- Delta Kappa Gamma Theta Chapter Scholarship
- JBM PTO Scholarship
- Parkview RV Scholarship