- Provide a safe, drug-free, positive school climate that allows students to succeed.
- Standardize the curriculum, instruction, assessment, and staff development, using test data and current research, in order to match the state standards so that all learners will demonstrate competency over challenging subjects.
- Maintain a strong relationship with parents as partners in the educational process of their children.
- Promote community support for the flexibility and adaptability to the school's changing needs in the area of population growth.
- Utilize the tools of technology by staff and students on a daily basis throughout the Smyrna School District.
- Promote the consensus values of the community as responsibility, compassion, integrity, perseverance, and respect.
The Smyrna School District does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, services or activities based on race, color, marital status, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other protected category or status in accordance with state and federal laws.
Inquiries should be directed to the District Superintendent. 82 Monrovia Ave, Smyrna, Delaware 19977, or telephone (302) 653-8585