Welcome to Smyrna School District! If you are planning on registering your child to the Smyrna School District, we ask that you bring the necessary information below. Please call to make an appointment with the school that your child will be attending. It is important to register your child as early as possible so we can schedule them into a classroom and plan for student transportation when necessary.
PLEASE NOTE: All of our elementary schools are closed to choice with the exception of North Smyrna Elementary School.
How to find your feeder pattern:Click Here
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION - All Kindergarten students need to register at the elementary school in their feeder pattern.
To register, you will need to bring:
- Completed Registration form (download english form)
or (download spanish form)
- Click on the link above, type and print out the form OR just print the form and fill in by hand
- Copy of birth certificate
- A valid Driver's license or state ID
- Proof of residence in the Smyrna School District (examples: copy of rent receipt, rental lease, deed, gas or electric bill and real estate contracts are all accepted)
- Proof of state required immunizations - State Immunization Requirements (see below)
- Report cards from sending school (Report Cards AND Transcripts needed for high school students grades 9-12)
- Home Language Survey (download english form) or (download spanish form)
When applicable, you will also need to bring:
- Custody/Guardianship papers
- Official withdrawal form from you child's previous school
- Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- 504 Plan
- Individual Improvement Plan (IIP)
State of Delaware Immunization Regulations:
Any child between the age of two months and 21 years entering or being admitted to a Delaware school district for the first time must present proof of the following state-required immunizations: Important Information Regarding Your Child's Health Records (download form)
- Four or more doses of diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (DTaP or DTP) vaccine OR diphtheria, tetanus (DT) vaccine OR a combination of these vaccines with the following exceptions:
- A child who received a fourth dose prior to the fourth birthday must have a fifth dose
- A child who received the first dose of tetanus, diphtheria (Td) - adult at or after age seven may meet this requirement with only three doses of Td (adult)
- A booster dose of Td (adult) is recommended for all students at age 11 or 12, or five years after the last DTaP, DTP, or DT dose was administered
- Three or more doses of inactivated polio virus (IPV), oral polio vaccine (OPV), or a combination of these vaccines with the following exception: A child who received a third dose prior to the fourth birthday must have a fourth dose.
- Two dose of measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine
- The first does should be administered on or after age 12 months.
- The second dose should be administered after the fourth birthday
- Individual or combination vaccines can be used to meet this requirement
- Three doses of Hepatitis B vaccine.
- Mantoux Tuberculin (TB) skin test - proof of screening within the last 12 months OR written documentation from a physician stating that the child is low risk.
- Two doses of Varicella vaccine.
- Lead screening
- Recent copy of Physical Exam Form is required
- Any child between the age of two months and 21 years entering or being admitted to a Delaware school district for the first time must present proof of the following state-required immunizations
- Delaware's immunization regulations include, but are not limited to:
foreign exchange students, immigrants, students from other states/territories and children entering from non-public schools
Currently, the Smyrna School District cannot accept choice students unless you meet the following requirements:
- Child of a Smyrna School District Employee.
- If previously attended Smyrna School District and recently moved out of district.
- If a sibling currently attends Smyrna School District.
- If you have a valid real estate contract to buy or build a home in Smyrna School District area and home is not yet finished.
Currently, the Smyrna School District has four elementary zones. Depending on where you live will decide which elementary school your child will attend. Download the map to figure out what elementary school your child will attend (download map).
If you have any questions regarding registering your child in the Smyrna School District, you can call the Smyrna District Office at (302)653-8585.
The Smyrna School District does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, services or activities based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age or disability in accordance with state and federal laws.
Inquiries should be directed to Deborah D. Wicks, Superintendent, Smyrna School District,
82 Monrovia Ave, Smyrna, Delaware 19977, or telephone (302)653-8585.